The objective of the 3-day programme is to introduce delegates to the latest trends in shaping Digital Banking today, and to prepare them with the skills and tools (e.g Design Thinking) to further contribute to the growth and success of their Bank. The course is designed to introduce delegates to the key foundational concepts and knowledge they will need to remain relevant and grow their current contribution at their bank.
The course will allow delegates to gain real insights into how to shift Tech from ‘Banking Platform’ to ‘Strategic Partner’. The course will give delegates a 360º view of the Innovation landscape by understanding how different priorities and perspectives across the organisation, impact the nature and pace of Transformation; why it’s important to bridge the gap between ‘product’, ‘business’ and ‘technology’ and how to overcome resistance to change through influence and by making Transformation everyones responsibility.
Day One sets the scene for banking professionals with the insights required to re-imagine their role in the world of Digital Banking, and to consider how the ‘Art of the Possible’ will help them lead Digital Transformation and Innovation, with knowledge of real-world examples, lessons and case studies from banks from around the world.
Day Two illustrates how the convergence of financial and lifestyle services brought about by digital technology has blurred the boundaries between Industries, Products and Service Providers, with examples and case-studies of what successful banks are doing and also what not to do, from the experiences of other banks.
Day Three demonstrates practical tools, steps and practices to engage different parts of the business and how to influence and bring others along the journey, by using tools such as Design Thinking to help the creative process, break down barriers and implement change.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Examine the latest Digital Banking Trends from around the world, and the impact of Technology Innovations on Banking.
- Learn the importance of Disruptive Technology in the race to provide value to end users and how competition from non-banks, start-ups & the “platformification” of Business and Digital is changing customer behaviours.
- Review case studies from the Digital Banking Strategies of highly innovative banks from around the world.
- Examine why working with FinTechs and startups is so important & how do banks & financial institutions respond to recent Innovations in the Banking sector.
- Gain insights into how to shift Technology from ‘Banking Platform’ to ‘Strategic Partner’ with real world examples, lessons and case studies from banks from around the world.
- Learn what new entrants from non-banks are offering to customers and how FinTechs are transforming the customer experience in Banking.
- Why lead indicators among Millennials, Segments & Remote Channels are the key to profitable growth in Digital channels.
- How Innovation and Digital Banking has changed customer behaviour in the absence of face-to-face interaction.
- Why the ‘Art of the Possible’ enables banks to embrace Digital Transformation and Innovation.
- Understand the reason why Banks are keen to embrace tools such as ‘Design Thinking’ and ‘Agile’ methods to re-imagine their role in the world of Digital Banking.
- Get versed in why Design Thinking and methodology is so versatile and why it is embraced in many Innovative Banks.
- Understand the benefits of developing an Action-oriented culture, and why an experimental approach leads to more outcomes and less documents.
- How prototyping creates a bias towards action, with less talk and more ‘doing’ and in the process, becoming more productive with better insights.
- Why breaking down Silo’s and eliminating a culture of ‘blame’ benefits productivity, and how open collaboration and communication, and empathy makes for a more creative and innovative environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads/Senior Professionals in Retail Banking
- Heads/Senior Professionals in Mobile/Digital Banking
- Heads/Senior Professionals in Product Development/Strategy
- Customer Experience and Transformation Professionals
- Senior Professionals within Fintech Firms
- IT and Data Analytics Professionals
- Sales Professionals
- Heads of Business Units
- HR and Training Professionals
- Operations Professionals
- Promising Young Leaders of the Future
DAY 1 – DRIVING DIGITAL INNOVATION & TRANSFORMATION
Day One is structured to equip banking professionals with the tools to re-imagine their role in the world of Digital Banking, and consider the ‘Art of the Possible’ to become leaders in Digital Transformation and Innovation.
Key considerations and what to look for when considering an Innovation agenda
- Purpose – What do we mean by Innovation & Transformation. Why should Banks be concerned?
- Strategy – Aligning Innovation & Transformation to the broader business objectives
- Risks & Challenges – Considering and evaluating the Benefits & Risks of Innovation
- Capability – What do Digitally Transformed Banks do better & why organisational readiness is key
Overview – Technology Innovations and Digital Banking trends. Building a Case for Innovation
- Technology innovations – What is happening around the globe, and the impact of Digital on customers, banks and the market
- Retail/Digital banking trends – What does Industry research reveal about the future performance. Who are the best performers/innovators and why?
- What are some of the most interesting and promising FinTech ideas today and why?
- Platformification – The benefits of building a personalised platform. Learning from Big Tech and Super-Apps that can be applied to banks. Benefits of Bundling the financial with the non-financial: what opportunities does diversification present?
Overview – The tools & techniques you need to adapt and succeed in a fast changing, ambiguous market
- Building and sustaining momentum in the organisation
- How to engage stakeholders and build momentum in a complex organisation
- Aligning structure, processes, people and technology towards value-creation and value-protection
Overview – How Transformation itself continues to evolve in the course of the journey
- Fighting ‘Fake Transformation’ – Cost reduction, Patch or Change
- Achieving Transformation Fluency & Strategic Agility
- How to open up markets which didn’t previously exist
- How to transform products that are complicated, inconvenient, and expensive
- How to make products & services affordable, convenient, and accessible
DAY 2 – MASTERING CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT & CHANGE
Day 2 looks at how the convergence of financial and lifestyle services brought about by digital technology has blurred the boundaries between Industries, Products and Service Providers. What is a Customer Journey, and why it is important
Session 5 – How Do Banks Remain Relevant?
How do Banks remain relevant and keep their edge in the highly competitive and fast-moving world of Digital Innovation
- Can banks compete with FinTechs and non-bank Wallet and Payment Providers?
- What strategies are most successful in delivering real innovations and how to overcome the challenges of working with FinTechs
- How to ensure new FinTech ideas become reality and everyone benefits from collaboration
- What strategies are most successful in delivering real innovations?
- How to ensure new FinTech ideas become reality and are not ‘killed’ during the collaboration process
- What are the obstacles in collaborating with FinTech firms? Regulations, Getting Stakeholder buy-in, etc. How to combat resistance to change
Session 6 – The Customer Journey in Banking
The Customer Journey in Banking – delivering a seamless experience
- The digital customer journey. How to achieve excellence in experience delivery
- Rethinking the customer relationship to deliver value and meet customer needs
- Delivering to customer aspirations and retaining customers
Session 7 – Transformation: Proving The Concept
- Organic Transformation – Proving the concept of Transformation
- Using successes to spread their energy and enthusiasm elsewhere in the organisation
- Inspiring other people, to imagine and implement a new future
- Maintain momentum despite setbacks
Session 8 – The Role of Agile Banking
How does the organisations own management relate to the world of Transformation and what role can Agile Banking play?
- What is Agile Banking, what does it mean and where to begin?
- Take stock of the risks and benefits of launching an Agile transformation
- Building on established principles and practices already in place
DAY 3 – RETHINKING THE ORGANISATION IN THE DIGITAL ERA
Session 9 – Why Think like a Designer?
Understanding the benefits of Design Thinking and how Design Thinking can help creativity and break down barriers in the organisation
- Design Thinking. Why think like a designer?
- Differences from the traditional model. Design Thinking application examples
Session 10 – Understand the benefits of Design Thinking
- How to apply Design Thinking techniques when starting a new product or service
- Identify the Design Thinking stages: Comprehension, Ideation, Prototyping & Evaluation
- Guidelines and Best Practices for Design Thinking
Session 11 – Phases of Design Thinking
In this simulation scenario, delegates will work as a team to solve real business challenges, by building a business case for Digital Innovation, using real-world examples
- Phase I: Discover
- Phase II: Define
- Phase III: Develop
- Phase IV: Deliver
- Designing in practice. Developing a Business Strategy
- Designing Digital User Experiences and User-Centered Services and Projects
Session 12 – People, Leadership & Change
- Lending motivation to everyone’s digital knowledge
- Continuous training & a new way of working
- Preparing for the future, while staying close to employees & customers
- Building a cost effective support model for the business
Summary of Key Learnings
Discussion and review of actionable ideas that can be taken back to the workplace upon delegates return following this course
To find out more about the course director please fill in a brochure request.
The venue of the training is always in a centrally located 4-5 star hotel. The venue is confirmed 2 weeks before the programme once registrations have closed and we know the exact number of delegates attending. We have exclusive rates with the hotel, if you require accommodation during the programme.