|October 21st-23rd 2019||London|
Since early 2000 the topic of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) has seen much discussion and there have been several frameworks that have gained some publicity.In a 2012 survey of financial institutions, 62% of respondents reported having an ERM programme up from 52% in 2010. Almost 60% of respondents expect to increase their ERM budgets. Just what is ERM? In the range of publications on the subject, it does seem to mean somewhat different things to different organisations. While many financial services organisations have initiated ERM programmes, there are few outstanding examples. Scoped and implemented properly, ERM is a game changer for any organisation, for those in the financial services industry. Identifying the end game and the numerous deliverables are daunting. The task is made even more challenging with the sophistication of models that need to be deployed. With different possible technology solutions claiming to be ERM capable, the task of defining an ERM programme is made even more challenging.
This programme will take participants through the thought process of developing and implementing an ERM programme. Participants will gain an understanding of the interactions between the different risks, and learn how to develop an ERM plan to achieve an integrated approach to managing risk and enhancing corporate competitive advantage and agility.
Learn from a former CRO who has successfully designed, developed and implemented an integrated risk management framework. Take this opportunity of a hands on programme to get started on the journey towards creating a more agile organisation.
What will we Learn?
- Apply the knowledge of how the different parts of the organisation are integrated through participation in the risk management process to develop effective risk governance structure.
- Apply the knowledge of risk measurement and analytical methodologies to develop effective strategic road maps.
- Apply the knowledge of how risks and events interact to develop effective integrated risk, capital and liquidity management programmes to achieve greater corporate competitive advantage and agility
- Apply the knowledge of risk management approaches to transform risk management tools and systems into an effective organisation and business partner.
Who Should Attend?
- CRO, CFO
- Heads of Strategic Planning
- Heads of Risk Management Functions
- Senior Risk Professionals, Risk Managers and Junior Risk Professionals
Day 1 – Understanding Enterprise Risk Management
Session 1 – What is Enterprise Risk Management
- An examination of the different interpretations and approaches
- What are some of the organisations that have implemented ERM
- What were actually implemented
Case study 1 – Implementations of ERM
Session 2 – Why Enterorise Risk Management
- An examination of the concept of Enterprise Risk Management
- What are the factors influencing the developmen of Enterprise Risk Management
- An examination of the materials on Enterprise Risk Management
- What does your organisation seek to achieve
- How would your organisation be planning to implement ERM
- What is the motivation of wanting to implement ERM
Group Discussion 1: Identify the motivations, goals and expectations of ERM
Session 3 – Defining the Enterprise Risk Management Scope
- Starting on the ERM journey – Identifying your start point and the end game
- Understanding the resource requirements – The stakeholders and their roles and responsibilities
- Take me to your leader – Need for strong Sponsor/Leadership
Group Discussion 2: ERM Project preparation and scoping
Session 4 – Identifying the ERM deliverables
- The changing face of the financial services industry and risk management practice
- Moving beyond the risk management function
- Mapping the different functions that need to synchronised
- Planning for quick wins
Group Discussion 3: Managing expectations and identifying immediate quick wins
Day 2–Designing, Developing and Implementing an Effective Enterprise Risk Management Programme
Session 5 – Taking the First ERM Steps
- Developing the ERM roadmap
- Leveraging on existing infrastructure
- Identifying the necessary changes
- Changing the operational paradigm – Managing Change
- Securing the Sponsorship
Case Study 4 – What works and What happens when they don’t – Lessons from Investment Banking
Session 6 – ERM Deliverables
- Risk Appetite
- Risk Adjusted Performance Measurement
- Integrated stress testing and scenario Analysis
- Integrated System Architecture
Group Discussion 5: Leveraging on ERM capabilities to enhance corporate agility
Session 7 – Connecting the ERM Components
- Joining the dots between the different risk types
- Joining the dots between the different functional areas
- Bridging support functions and business units
- Reputational risks and communication
Group Discussion 6: How the various risk types can be connected
Session 8 – Delivering Value
- Identifying the key success factors
- Pacing the implementation for maximum effect
- Ready-made or custom built?
Group Discussion 7: Making a success of an ERM project
End of Programme
For a detailed trainer biography, please fill in a brochure request.
|Number of Delegates||Price per Delegate|
Early Bird rates are offered up to 4 weeks before the commencement of the programme. Please get in touch for more details
The venue of the training is always in a centrally located 4-5 star hotel. The venue is confirmed 2 weeks before the programme once registration is closed and we know the exact number of delegates attending. We have exclusive rates with the hotel, if you require accommodation during the programme.