|October 15th-17th 2018|
The current wave of Digital Banking Innovation, that has emerged in the past 2 years has fundamentally shifted our understanding of banking and customer relationships, and competition from non-bank providers has changed the face of retail banking forever.
The future of expensive branch networks are now under severe scrutiny as technology is enabling customers to deal conveniently with their bank “at a distance.”
Learning how to compete successfully in this exciting and dynamic environment is essential. This programme will bring together people from the Banking, Fintech and the new digital world and allow them to share their thoughts and insights on how they see the sector developing.
At the same time the programme will also focus on how existing players can compete successfully in this new world of banking.
What will you Learn?
- Learn the latest trends/best practices and innovations in Banks and Fintech firms across the world and which technologies have the highest potential for disruption & success.
- Learn how to compete successfully with Banks, Fintech firms and Non-Banks by analysing the Digital Transformation Retail Banking Strategies of highly innovative banks from around the world.
- Learn what new entrants from non-banks are offering to customers and how to compete with them.
- What impact will digital have on usage/loyalty? How do you develop profitable growth from remote channels when you don’t see the customer face to face.
- Learn how banks can create a competitive advantage in Big Data/Analytics and AI to combat Fintech firms.
- Learn how The Blockchain can be used to increase revenue for Retail Banks and not just in remittances and evaluate examples of successful blockchain innovations used by leading banks.
- Learn how to become an effective Leader in The Digital World and how to measure performance and train employees in the digital world to ensure success.
Who Should Attend?
- Heads/Senior Professionals in Retail Banking
- Heads/Senior Professionals in Mobile/Digital Banking
- Heads/Senior Professionals in Product Development/Strategy
- Customer Experience and Transformation Professionals
- Senior Professionals within Fintech Firms
- IT and Data Analytics Professionals
- Sales Professionals
- Heads of Business Units
- HR and Training Professionals
- Operations Professionals
- Promising Young Leaders of the Future
Day 1- Drivers of Fintech & Digital Innovation
Overview – Building a business case for Innovation looking at Technology Innovations and Digital Banking trends and what to look for when formulating Innovation & priorities to the broader bank objectives.
- Strategy – What to look for when formulating Innovation & priorities to the broader bank objectives
- Purpose – Understanding why Innovation is important (Revenue/Competition/Market Share)
- Risks & Challenges? – Evaluate the Benefits & Risks
- Capability – How ready is the organizational environment, involving stakeholders.
Overview – Review case studies in the real-world, and evaluate based on learnings in Session 1.
- Technology innovations – what is happening around the globe? What impact is digital having on customer behaviours – in banking as well as other sectors?
- Retail banking trends – what does current industry research reveal of major trends impacting future performance. Who are the best performers/innovators?
- What are the most interesting and promising Fintech ideas today
Overview – The Drive to Digital and what to watch out for when formulating your Technology Innovation Strategy & Priorities.
- How to leverage partnerships to accelerate digital transformation and enhance customer experience whilst providing new revenue opportunities.
- The importance of Disruptive Technology in the race to provide value to end users
- Why FinTech’s are a threat & how do banks & Financial Institutions respond
- Alternative lending & challenger businesses such as remittances, payments etc.
Overview – In this session we will look at building a business case for Innovation using case studies and best practices, as well as using real-world examples from delegates, using prepared material in a workshop environment.
Revenue – Finance /Cost / Business Case
Competition – Evaluating & Measuring
- What were my assumptions
- Do they still stand up
- Have they been tested
- Risk & de-risking strategies
Day 2 – Mastering Customer Engagement & Change
Day 2 will focus on the customer journey, and how the convergence of financial and lifestyle services fused by digital technology will blur the boundaries between industries, product lines, and the actual providers of services.
Session 1 – How Do Banks Remain Relevant?
How do Banks remain relevant and keep their edge in the highly competitive and fast-moving world of Digital Innovation
- Class Discussion: Fintech Firms – Should banks collaborate or build in-house or perhaps both.
- Should banks create innovation labs?
- How can banks offer the same level of customer service that FinTechs provide?
- What strategies are most successful in delivering real innovations?
- How to ensure new Fintech ideas become reality and are not ‘killed’ during the collaboration process
- What are the obstacles in collaborating with Fintech firms? Regulations, Getting Stakeholder buy-in, etc. How to combat resistance to change
Session 2 – The Customer Journey in Banking
The Customer Journey in Banking – delivering a seamless experience
- The digital customer journey. How to achieve excellence in experience delivery
- Rethinking the customer relationship to deliver value and meet customer needs
- Delivering to customer aspirations and retaining customers
Session 3 – Designing & Building for the Customer Experience
Designing and Building for the Customer Experience
- The importance of demographics
- Using Design Thinking to create world-class customer experiences
- Understanding the drivers of customer behaviour to build the right products and services
- Using the the customer journey creation process to deliver to customer expectations
Session 4 – Social Media
Banking and Social Media as a channel to connect and serve customers
- How to use Social media to enhance and enrich the customer experience
- How to Use Social Media to better understand customers and how to design and build tailored products, services and campaigns to individuals’ needs
Day 3 – Rethinking The Organisation in The Digital Era
Session 1 – Challenges from New Innovators & Mobile Only Banks
The challenge banks face from new innovators and mobile only banks.
- How Instant Fulfilment and Instant Payments are shaping the new customer experience
- What are the benefits of building a mobile only brand and case studies including Atom Bank, Starling Bank, DBS Bank and Banco Original – the worlds first API bank for smart-gadgets
- Best practices and strategies using examples of successful Mobile Only banks in Europe, Asia & Australia
Session 2 – Data Analytics, Big Data & CRM
Terrific advances in analytics, robotics and artificial intelligence is changing the way banks go about their business. This is largely driven by advances in Big Data – the ability to process and analyse massive amounts of data, to derive value and knowledge.
- Big Data Analysis Techniques & Making Data Actionable to improve Customer-Centric Product Development
- How to Market Bank Products and Services
- How to use CRM to shape, deliver and fine tune win-win, omni-channel customer dialogue
- Understanding the value of data as knowledge
- The bottom line impact of Data driven banking
- How to drive Pricing and Product Personalization with Predictive Customer Analytics and how new machine learning programs in particular can support better pricing and product personalization
Session 3 – Blockchain, AI & Chatbots
- Blockchain – Fad or Future? How can Blockchain be used to increase revenue for Retail Banks and not just in remittances. Case study – Examples of successful blockchain innovations used by leading banks
- What are the results from the first-movers in the AI space?
- How can AI be used to drive new and innovative customer experiences. Case Study – DBS & Kasisto – The world’s most mature deployment of conversational AI in a Bank
- How can Chatbots be used to improve customer experience and engagement? Case Study – KBC Bank – How the K’Ching App helped improve their ChatBot solution whilst engaging a younger audience
Session 4 – The Power of People
In this session we will look at people and structures. What skills are required for the future? How to successfully change the company culture? and how to create incentive schemes for staff in the digital world.
- What skills are required for the future?
- Human versus automated
- Culture change requirements – How to create incentive schemes for staff in the digital world and how to create the right culture, organisation and leadership to ensure digital success
- Reward and recognition changes
- How to be an effective Leader in The Digital World
To find out more about the course director please fill in a brochure request.
|Number of Delegates||Price per Delegate|
The venue of the training is always in a centrally located 4-5 star hotel. The venue is confirmed 2 weeks before the programme once registrations have closed and we know the exact number of delegates attending. We have exclusive rates with the hotel, if you require accommodation during the programme.